[MLB-WIRELESS] Re: [Oz-ISP] 802.11b (fwd)

sanbar sandbar at ozemail.com.au
Thu Feb 28 10:26:08 EST 2002

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 11:41:53 +0800
From: Adrian Chadd <adrian at creative.net.au>
To: aussie-isp at aussie.net
Subject: Re: [Oz-ISP] 802.11b

On Wed, Feb 27, 2002, Reid wrote:

> Much has been said, more than enough FUD has been bandied around, however
> let's take the logical steps and apply for a licence.  Pay attention to
> clause 3.

ok.

> 3. Subject to clauses 4, 5 and 6, any person may operate a spread spectrum
> device.
> General conditions: frequency bands and EIRP limits

Does the ACA define a "person" in a special way, or does that include
businesses?

Are there any other parts of the act which cover actual data/comms
transport?

I read the entire section as "you dont need to apply for a licence to use
this particular chunk of RF Spectrum" rather than "You can do what you
like with the data".

(FUD - perhaps, but until a ruling comes down from above or we all
pay $100 in a pool to get a lawyer to trawl through the Act and tell
us what we can/can't do, I'm assuming "can't". Ta.)

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			"For a sucessful technology, reality must
<adrian at creative.net.au>	  take precedence over public relations,