[MLB-WIRELESS] Some help and advice needed

Julian Featherston julian at concentrate.com.au
Thu Feb 28 16:02:13 EST 2002

Hi Wilson

The D-link DCS-1000W is still the only fully fledged one I could see
(BTW, to my surprise it does have diversity antennae) But there is an
interesting thing from Ricoh, the RDC-i700 Image Capturing Device allows
you to "Insert a modem or wireless phone card into the RDC-i700 and you
can dial up your e-mail account, log onto the Internet, and surf the Web
with Ricoh's built-in browser. Images can be transmitted as e-mail
attachments or as individual files using the camera's Quick Send
feature" This device apparently has a PCMCIA card slot, and was designed
to work with the Ricochet commercial wireless network.

Unless you absolutely had to I wouldn't play with the dlink, but wait
until other manufactures do it better and cheaper.

Jules