[MLB-WIRELESS] Infrared wireless at 1250Mbps

dwayne dwayne at pobox.com
Fri Feb 15 15:52:02 EST 2002

Nick Sibbing wrote:

> Age IT did a story a few years ago about a melbourne man who
> developed homebuilt lazer modems to network with neighbours. (in
> a series of wild eyed networkers on suburban roofs <grin>) If it
> was possible to follow it up it would be interesting to see
> where he was at now.

He lives in Williamstown, when this list first started I emailed him and he
was sort of interested but like just about everyone else I told about this he
said "well when it's up and running let me know (i.e.: when you've done the
legwork I'll jump on board)".

I wonder if he'd be interested now?

He wanted to wire up Williamstown but it wasn't possible with lasers, he asked
the council if they'd allow him to cut slots in the road for cables, or if
they'd do it, and they refused.

Not sure what he's up to nowadays. It was about a year or so ago I emailed
him.

Dwayne