[MLB-WIRELESS] Best cards for the job

Greg turbo at alphalink.com.au
Fri Feb 15 14:16:51 EST 2002

The accepted theory of "reciprocity" generaly means an antenna transmits and receives with the same gain so its probably better for every one to be running similar power outputs to keep a balanced network. (Except for point to point directional links over great distances)

Dual diversity antenna's on AP's are because the AP is probably going to be indoors where a lot of obstructions can contribute to path loss on a ultra high frequency where the extra ant. a few inches away can make all the difference.

 Even using a hand held UHF transceiver and moving it a few cm can make the difference of no or full signal at five watts.

Anyone thought about the location of the next meeting? Steve?