[MLB-WIRELESS] ip allocation list based on suburb

vortex vortex at free2air.net
Thu Feb 14 08:24:27 EST 2002

This thread has gone around most if not all of the community/open wireless
lists gobally.

With respect, don't consider allocating IP networks on the basis of
geography. It will not help with routing simplicity. Multiple p2p links just
will not align themselves with preallocated networks along netmask
boundaries, and the topology will likely be unpredictable until its there ...
%^}

And secondly, don't even consider geo-based routing protocols/schemas. This
is not AX25, and we do not have the luxury of high overlap between active
network gateway/node areas.

.vortex