Operational DNS? Was :Re: [MLB-WIRELESS] IP address range for Geelong?

Adrian Close adrian at close.wattle.id.au
Tue Feb 12 21:30:11 EST 2002

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Matthew Boyd wrote:

> Ahhh, I understand I think. Are there going to be problems with having
> two separate networks being seamlessly accessed from the one computer?
> Is it possible to specify that the .ran /.man (whatever) domain be
> served by a particular DNS? How's it work with primary / secondary DNS?
> If this is true, anyone want to donate DNS services? It might also give
> a bit of impetus to the network build.

Argh!  We have wireless.org.au - let's use that and stay within the global
collective hallucination that is the DNS.  This way DNS names are
guaranteed to be globally unique, resolvable [and the same way] from
anywhere on the global network (_including_ our little bit of wireless
MAN).

I am very happy to provide DNS services for people if that is in any way
useful.  If someone feels like delegating me a bit of wireless.org.au I'll
happily manage it and give sub-bits to other people as appropriate.

And I don't want to hear complaints about "wireless.org.au" being too much
to type.  That's why DNS search paths were invented.

Adrian.