[MLB-WIRELESS] IP address range for Geelong?

Adrian Close adrian at close.wattle.id.au
Tue Feb 12 17:52:51 EST 2002

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Andrew Tiltman wrote:

> I never stated it'd be limited to a single ip per node ;)

You suggested "10.2.<suburbid>.*", which makes it difficult to do
otherwise.  Or were you thinking to subnet the 10.2.<suburbid>.0/24
network and hand out bits of it?  Either way, probably not enough space
for individual node locations.

> As i said its basically impossible to use classes to identify our
> locations...  I was just brain storming ;)

I was brainstorming along with you.

> Somehow due to the terrain in alot of areas (trees/hills) I think we'll end
> up having to daisy chain backbone AP's across the suburbs
> to give local nodes access.

Yes.  That will make for interesting routing.  :)

Adrian.