[MLB-WIRELESS] IP address range for Geelong?

Andrew Tiltman andrew at mediadome.net.au
Tue Feb 12 16:19:44 EST 2002

RE: [MLB-WIRELESS] IP address range for Geelong?hmm, damn... never thought about that.

Could always number all the melbourne suburbs in groups.
10.mel.suburb.node.

CBD                        10.1.*
Northen Suburbs      10.2.*
Eastern Suburbs      10.3.*
Southern Suburbs    10.4.*
Western Suburbs     10.5.*

Say, 180 eastern suburbs (i got no clue how many there actually are) each numbered from 1-180 on a chart;

10.1.*.* = cbd node

10.2.<suburbid>.* = node in eastern suburb (<suburbid> being the unique number given to that suburb?)

Again though its virtually impossible due to the limitation in ranges, you'd be limited to 254 nodes per suburbid.
It doesnt leave any room for ajoining areas like gellong or interstate though heh. doh
Its impossible to use ip's to identify node areas without wasting all the ranges.

What about ipv6? :)

-Andrew