[MLB-WIRELESS] IP address range for Geelong?

Jason Hecker jason at air.net.au
Tue Feb 12 14:11:01 EST 2002

>We should also _definitely_ plan for connecting Melbourne <-> Geelong.

Has anyone thought about doing this with a link across Port Phillip betwixt
the two?  It doesn't seem so far on the map, but Melbourne looks so far
away at night from St Leonards, the tops of the CBD buildings would
probably be quite feasible (that's all I could see) for one antenna.

I still like the idea of a tethered balloon or vehicle 3Km up with an AP in
it for all to see....

Tony Longdon, as an aside, could future amateur satellites be rigged with
802.11b AP's so that anyone with a laptop could ping it from a tram, not
unlike what you do with your handheld?  ;)