[MLB-WIRELESS] antenna heist

Mark Hatherly googoo at cosmos.net.au
Mon Feb 11 19:49:53 EST 2002

Hi, all. I joined this list only two weeks ago, so I'm a learner. I have
permission to remove an antenna from a roof-top near me (St. Kilda). From
what I read on the site, I think it's a galaxy. Parabolic grid mesh with a
beige coloured beam pointed at the horizon. The black (coax?) cable attached
has been cut at the bottom (not by me). The cable has an sheathed internal
wire, which in turn is sheathed by more wire. Trouble is, the apartment
building is three stories high, with a pitched tile roof, and no internal
roof-top access. (How do I know? Because I've just been round there
door-knocking). But I'm sure I saw a posting from someone on this list about
a week ago who said they had an extra-long ladder. Anyone keen for a bit of
roof-top antenna work? Or, at least, come round and confirm the antenna is
what I think it is?