[MLB-WIRELESS] What does a Galaxy transmitter look like?

Luke lrich at ruralnet.net.au
Fri Feb 8 08:39:21 EST 2002

What the antenna actually looks like is a white (ish) cylinder about 120mm
diam, about 1.8 - 2M tall hanging off the side, or the top of the tower.
Thats if it is still there.  Galaxy used the same gear Austar did TX wise,
but the rx was all conifer.  Austar had hills reflectors with pac-mono
downconvertors, till hills made them.  Austar also bought all the galaxy
gear when they fell over, but (clinch teeth) had it all sent to metal
recyclers!  Early stuff was a passive dipole with an external downconvertor,
but later units had it built in.  You'd be lucky to find the early passives,
but you could hook up your ap or card directly to it as they had a N
connector on them.