[MLB-WIRELESS] Omni Antenna

chris Drake stingy at optushome.com.au
Thu Feb 7 17:33:57 EST 2002

I have actually got one of these fully operational. 5db or something. Basically look at the physics at the first version using LMR400 cable and apply to the newer one. Also allot of the measurements are VERY incorrect. An example is in the coiled wire section. The way i did it was looked at the measurements of the first omi antenna and applied the 1/2 and 1/4 lenghts of that to the newer omi antenna. One diagram's measurements are totally out of whack.

I by pure luck found the right screw in my desk which holds one of my draws up. Also another note. "3/64 solid brass rod" You don't have to use brass, i used copper and it works perfect. I have a feeling these guys used it too because of the different colour of materials  in the last diagram. (eg. the coiled wire is different than the tubing, and the fact it looks like copper)

Also try and be accurate as you can. The best way i found was to use a drawing util. Creating the frame size EXACTY  to the dimentations and filling in with black.

Also create at least 3 because experience matters in this. Don't make the mistake i made by not using flux paste (stupid i know). Trust me it makes life easier.

+Chris