[MLB-WIRELESS] What does a Galaxy transmitter look like?

Andy Freeman Andy.Freeman at kawasaki.kz
Wed Feb 6 23:55:06 EST 2002

Hi all,
            A fairly strange question (but I do have a reason to ask):

What does a Galaxy transmitter look like?

I live in Geelong and all the old Galaxy antennas in my local area point
roughly towards my house.  I have an idea of what they are pointing at
but I was hoping that someone knows what the old Galaxy transmitter
antennas look like and could describe them for me.

If all the Galaxy antennas in the local area have line of sight (LOS) to
the transmitter, then by logical deduction I think they will all have
LOS to my new 2.4Ghz mast, which would allow thousands of possible nodes
to reach my access point.

So I guess the questions are:

1.	What does a Galaxy transmitter look like?
2.	Did they require LOS?
3.	Did they operate at 2.4Ghz?
4.	Why is their polarity reverse to commercial 2.4 antennas?

Do we have an ex-galaxy tech on the list?

Cheers,
            Andy.

            wireless at kawasaki.kz
            http://kawasaki.kz/wireless