[MLB-WIRELESS] Linux net-sharing

Will Lotto lotto at impulse.net.au
Tue Feb 5 23:06:36 EST 2002

Withholding all criticism about mandrake linux and telstra cable...
it's fairly easy.

Go to http://www.linuxdocs.org and read the routing howto. Keywords
are IPMasq, and NAT.

Just setup two network cards, one which the cablemodem is plugged
into, the other on your wireless network card; then setup ipchains
(iptables or ipfwadm depending on whats installed) to route-masquerade
all the data from your internal network to the cable modem.

> Just by-the-by, how exactly does one share a (bpa) cable internet connection in linux? Is it hard? Are there any links to tutorials that anyone would be able to give me? What program would one use?
> LOL

> I'm going to move to Linux (Mandrake 8.1) with my server in the near future in preperation for the wireless card that i will be getting ASARP! (where R = Realistically)

> Any help would be gladly appreciated!
> Thanks,

> Will

---
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759