[MLB-WIRELESS] Newsgroup

dwayne dwayne at pobox.com
Mon Feb 4 21:26:28 EST 2002

James Bos wrote:

> what about ubb(ultimate bulliten board) ?? uses web and web is accessable,
> just a matter of logging in...

What is it with the DESPERATE desire for interactivity with a machine?
All of these things are very nifty ways of looking at text, with the
disadvantage that you need to be online to read them.

Email comes straight to you, and you can read it offline.
Unless you read your mail in one of those dodgy web-based mail thingies, in
which case I say get a real mail account.

You can do all of the threading and filtering offline that you can do with an
online newsgroup or webboard.

You can even do it when your modem is busted or your isp is down.

I spent a year engaging with this group despite having no net access precisely
because I can read my email offline.

I'll always vote YES! to email vs online resources.

Dwayne