[MLB-WIRELESS] Wrong Dish??

Will Lotto lotto at impulse.net.au
Mon Feb 4 18:20:26 EST 2002

Typically microwave dishes are made of wire frames, and satelite are a
solid dish.

Technically any parabolic dish can be used for microwave, but you'll
have to position the collector correclty. (I believe, could be wrong)

Do you know what is plugged into the other end of the dish? You might
be able to get some clues from the equiptment thats driving it.

.. Also, jump onto the roof with a pair of binoculars and look in the
same direction as the dish. If it's microwave it'll be very low to the
horizion, satillite it should be above. ... Check out a map or go for
a drive to see if there's a notable hill with a tower that it's
pointing at. If it's pointing at a tower, it's microwave.

Will
> At 04:27 PM 2/4/2002 +1100, you wrote:
>>Hi I have an old galaxy dish on my roof but I believe it is for satelite and
>>not microwave. How can I tell if I can use it?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Brendon

---
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759