[MLB-WIRELESS] ISA Adapter

Rabbit datec01 at optushome.com.au
Thu Dec 19 21:25:22 EST 2002

Can anyone throw some light my way.

I recently purchased two ISA adapter cards from Oatley Electronics, both Spectrum24's by 3com, (just to dip my toes in the water). They cost me $35 each and came with three S2403BH ceiling mount antennas (http://www.cushcraft.com/details.asp?style_id=6&catid=121&group_id=1 ).
And being a rank novice with wifi, I need an answer to this question. can the PCMCIA card sitting on the adapter card be used as a stand alone card in my laptop?

You can see the ISA card here. ttp://www.symbol.com/products/wireless/pci_card_2.html It has two removable pigtails and to me looks like every other pc card I've come across, I couldn't find any links to a 2Mbps pc card on their web site. will I do any harm chucking it in a laptop to test it???

If I buy a newer and faster card for my laptop will it be backward compatible with earlier wifi standards and the ISA card I now have in my desktop comp.

And finally ,Question number 857. when I finally bite the bullet and buy faster stuff will these antenna be any good to hang onto and use.

Thanx for any help
Peter. (rabbit)