[MLB-WIRELESS] FW: BBQ

darrend at ndpgroup.com.au darrend at ndpgroup.com.au
Mon Dec 16 22:03:24 EST 2002

Sounds about right.... some of us kicked on until around 7pm.

BTW my pics from the bbq are up in the media section.

http://melbourne.wireless.org.au/media/photos/index.ttml?dir=meetings/2002-12-15
Xmas BBQ

Darren Dreis
Vice President
Melbourne Wireless Inc.
vicepresident at wireless.org.au
http://www.wireless.org.au

"Troy Mitchell" <troy.mitchell at mcsproperty.com.au>
Sent by: owner-melbwireless at wireless.org.au
16/12/2002 08:57 PM

        To:     "Melbourne Wireless (E-mail)" <melbwireless at wireless.org.au>
        cc:
        Subject:        [MLB-WIRELESS] FW: BBQ

Greetings wireless folk,
I posted this msg to committee today and ended up being a little more
verbose than first intended. So, my run down is as follows:

Hey, the barbie was great, awesome day, good food, and bearable company ;P

I estimate there to have been about 25 ppl, maybe slightly more or less,
Mostly 'regulars' from the meets i feel, didnt really notice any new faces
(apart from the better halves of a couple of meet regulars ;)

Was pleasantly surprised to have BOTH 'net access and power available,
Well done Steven and Michael for assisting in that regard. I understand it
ended up costing Steve an alternator, so big extra pat on the back there..
Sacrificed to a good cause CRC, think of it that way ;)

The net access was sweet, Ap on a tripod running from batteries,
impressive stuff. 'just' a modem link, but was greatly appreciated by all.
Lots of mail checking/sending and instant referrals to sites happening..
It dropped a couple times in a minor way, and we ended up getting g-lined
from austnet pretty quickly, as was most likely expected by all, but
again, Thanks Michael, that was great.

Also, Steve's MP3-Vehicle was there providing some tunes (or should that
be 'd00fs'), and was the 'other' network available on the day, I managed
to leech a few mp3's onto the iPaq (i want the rest of the blues bros
soundtrack ;), and walk about 200m away from it while streaming songs off
it..
(was it 200m?, anyway, story tellers right to improve the story and all
that ;P)

I took off about 3:30 or 4 so may have gone on to a hard night of drinking
and abuse for all I know, but, it was a fun and valuable day, Not in the
same scale as the installfest maybe, but the intention was as much a
social gathering as a wireless event, and in that, it did very well, Of
course id like to have seen more ppl there, but hey.

, thats like, the biggest e-mail ive written all day.. better cut it out,
someone might think im working ;P.

Troy