FW: [MLB-WIRELESS] helium balloons anyone?

Shane Chubb s.chubb at tronics.com.au
Thu Dec 12 15:42:37 EST 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: Shane Chubb
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2002 3:42 PM
To: 'Rowan Crowe'
Subject: RE: [MLB-WIRELESS] helium balloons anyone?

I had a theory on this, which was to connect the balloons to the ground
via small tubes rather than ropes and then to pump the helium up these
tubes. so long as the tubes were of a light enough material then the
helium contained in the tubes would make them virtually weightless.
Meaning you would only need to provide balloons big enough to hold the
AP and associated equipment up.
My other thought was that if you had this sort of setup, you could setup
like a hot air balloon affect where you pipe gas up and ignite a flam at
the end into a balloon in order to keep it up.  that way if you ran out
of gas you could exchange the cylinders from the ground without having
to bring the whole system down so to speak.

Shane