[MLB-WIRELESS] [TIB] A new offer has been added to TIB - 11/12/2002

evilbunny evilbunny at sydneywireless.com
Wed Dec 11 21:58:21 EST 2002

Hello Craig,

CS> none of the amps i've seen (while searching the net) increase the output
CS> by 1A, they bump it up to 1A regardless of the input Tx power.

CS> so, 1000mA would be, what, about 26dBm?  plus e.g. an 8dbi antenna ~=
CS> 34dBm, less approx 1-2dB for the pigtail & connectors.

You haven't looked very hard then... There are fixed TX amps that most
certainly can and do bump the output over 30dBm... I've seen 4 and 10W
amps, classified for military and export use only...

CS> most of them also effectively increased the Rx sensitivity.

No, they amplify the signal and noise alike... They don't increase
sensitivity, if anything they reduce it due to increased noise...

--
Best regards,
 evilbunny                            mailto:evilbunny at sydneywireless.com