[MLB-WIRELESS] Killer wireless cards...

Fenn Bailey fenn_b at smktech.com.au
Tue Dec 10 11:03:28 EST 2002

> Fenn this might be really dumb but I remember one post in
> which the card
> was upside down? in the carrier

Well, i've solved the prob anyway, but since you mention it - yes, that
was me too :) Just after the original Ricoh cradle bulk buy.

On that note, something I've noticed which is very odd. SVEC and the
original Ricoh cradles are all but identical - Same chipset, same basic
card layout, same drivers/etc, EXCEPT - they take cards the opposite way
up (eg: flipped).

Noname Ricoh cards take the PCMCIA card face up when the PCI card is
placed in a standard PCI slot (eg: chips down)

SVEC Ricoh cards take the PCMCIA card face down when the PCI card is
placed in a standard PCI slot (eg: chips down).

I hope that helps save someone some pain. Had me baffled.

	Fenn.