[MLB-WIRELESS] Expressions of interest

lkhoo at csc.com.au lkhoo at csc.com.au
Fri Dec 6 09:15:52 EST 2002

Evilbunny,

My dad used to work for National Mapping (which became AUSLIG) and asked if
there was any free electronic data source for Australian maps.
At his previous work to used to pretty much give away mapping data to
different organisations (mining, military, community groups etc etc).

This doesn't seem to have propagated to electronic versions however.

This is pretty much what he said :

"Lucas
There are some from local councils websites maps would be pdf format.
eg http://www.caloundra.qld.gov.au
The USA got some free samples eg http://www.usgs.gov.

I dont think there are any free electronic data that you use in any mapping
software.
You have to pay and would be restricted to research only for study in Uni
or
any
non profit community use."

Lucas