[MLB-WIRELESS] names of creeks

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Mon Dec 2 10:08:18 EST 2002

> yep, that makes sense.  it also looks like that's the way
> James did it -
> the creeks look to be roughly in the center of those 3 zones,
> not at the
> boundaries.

Except for the Moonee Ponds Creek right on the boundary... :-)  close
though, can't get them all I spose. :)

> one of the things i think we need is topological data at the
> same scale
> as the map data we have.  that, along with a mast-height field in the
> nodemap, would help calculate LOS.

Indeed.

> also useful would be direction and arc fields for each
> antenna, both in
> degrees.  LOS isn't much use if the antenna you can 'see' is a
> directional pointing away from you.

That would be useful.  gain, bearing and beamwidth would be useful (though
for a directional antenna, beamwidth can be estimated from gain, and in the
case of an omni, beamwidth doesn't matter unless there's a significant
height difference).

---
Outgoing mail has been scanned for Viruses

This correspondence is for the named person’s use only. It may contain