[MLB-WIRELESS] names of creeks

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Mon Dec 2 09:22:51 EST 2002

> Darebin Creek to the east and Moonee Ponds Creek to the west.
>
> Darebin & Merri are nice short names.  Moonee Ponds is a bit of a
> mouthful.

Moonee Ponds Creek actually runs along the border of "Merri" and the one to
the left.  The most appropriate name for that one would be "Maribyrnong".

However, one problem I see with the current boundaries involves the Moonee
Ponds Creek.  Nodes along this area will find it easier to communicate with
those in the neighbouring region than those in their own region, because of
the ridges blocking them (the boundary is in a valley, which is not a good
place to have it - ridge lines would be a better lace for boundaries,
because they provide natural barriers to help define regions).

---
Outgoing mail has been scanned for Viruses

This correspondence is for the named person’s use only. It may contain