[MLB-WIRELESS] Melb NW

Tony Langdon, VK3JED vk3jed at optushome.com.au
Tue Aug 27 00:21:39 EST 2002

Anyone in the Niddrie area looking at setting up links?  There are a couple
of active nodes 6-8 km from here, but to get a signal in, you must meet
specific requirements:

1.  If you're east of me, FORGET IT!!! (unless you're within a few
blocks).  I have no coverage to the east. :(  That inclused NE, SE, or
anything else east of my street (which runs N-S).

2.  If you're north, not much better

3.  If you're south to SW, of me, you're in with a real chance (I have LOS
to Highpoint City) Nodes much north of St Albans will also have problems
getting in.

If you're in my valley, try waving a Galaxy dish around!  I can receive the
internal router with a 15dBi Galaxy antenna from the floor of the valley. :)

So anyone actually setting up close to NodeBCJ?

73 de Tony, VK3JED
http://vk3jed.vk.irlp.net