[MLB-WIRELESS] TEN STEPS TO LOW-COST WIRELESS LAN SECURITY

David Craker dncraker at optushome.com.au
Fri Aug 23 00:31:56 EST 2002

An interesting article from TechTarget

TEN STEPS TO LOW-COST WIRELESS LAN SECURITY | by Robert Scheier

Let me guess: Despite your best efforts to stop them, users are
hooking low-cost 802.11b (Wi-Fi) access points (APs) to the corporate
network. And, despite your best efforts, your CFO has zero interest
in buying the tools you really need to secure these wireless LANs.

Here, then, are some relatively simple, low-cost ways to boost the
security of your wireless LANs. They're not perfect, but they do
provide at least a first line of defense. And if a more determined
hacker breaks through, taking these precautions will boost your case
for stronger Wi-Fi security that actually costs money. I've listed
them in approximate order of difficulty and cost.

http://www.searchSecurity.com/tip/1,289483,sid14_gci846012,00.html