[MLB-WIRELESS] rectangular waveguide theory?

Drew drew at wireless.org.au
Tue Aug 13 06:34:23 EST 2002

I have access to a lot of rectangle cans, wondering if they'd be
suitable for antenna, but haven't come across any info on building
rectangular cantenna's. I have seen this page:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~clark/FreeNet/#BrickAntennaDesign but
there's no theory or calc's listed like on the page for circular
cantenna's. http://www.turnpoint.net/wireless/cantennahowto.html

Anyways, the cans I have are 6.5"x4"x9.5" with rounded edges,
approximately .5" radius curve. Can anyone help with the RF theory?

Drew