[MLB-WIRELESS] Kernel panic

Robert Tchia robert.tchia at palantir.com.au
Thu Aug 8 21:56:06 EST 2002

Sorry I am newbie, but what is a kernel panic?

I got mine working last night. When I 1st installed the driver, it was
loaded fine, but no signal was sent from wl200. I removed it and
installed on win98 PC run some test. Re-installed it back on the linux
box and all was working.

I heard that there was some issue with the firmware that ship with the
card and also the 0.8.0 version Compaq provided.

If you got the same batch as I from TIB bulk buy, then the firmware is
very old. Even windows have problems with it. I had to use this
(ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp14501-15000/sp14796.exe) dos
firmware updater to update it to 0.8.0. Install the driver
(ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp15501-16000/sp15584.exe), then use
this (http://www.goonda.org/wireless/utils/UpdFw8c3.zip) to update the
firmware to 0.8.3.

IF you don't use dos firmware updater, windows driver won't work.

Hope this help
Rob