[MLB-WIRELESS] WTB: MA401 (not MA401RA)

Paul van den Bergen paul at serc.rmit.edu.au
Thu Aug 8 16:14:53 EST 2002

Hi all,
we need to locate a MA401 card from an official supplier (this is RMIT,
after all) but we do not want an MA401RA

how you tell them apart is that the serial number of the MA401RA begins
with MA41B, while the MA401 (the one we want) begins MA41A...

The problem woth the MA401RA is that for some reason the card does not
work with the (relatively old) hardware we have running FreeBSD 4.6.

We have eliminated PCI version and PCI-PCMCIA bridge chipset versions as
problems.

If you happen to have a patch for an MA401RA mounted in a MA301 PCI
cradle for FreeBSD v4.6, please let us know.

so, there are two questions here.

1)  supplier of MA401 (not MA401RA)

2) patch for MA401RA on FreeBSD 4.6 with MA301 cradle...

emails need not be to the list if you want to avoid noise... Happy to
take direct emails... or phone calls...

--
Dr Paul van den Bergen
SERC, RMIT University