[MLB-WIRELESS] Access Point Type?"

Craig Mead craig.mead at pagesmith.com.au
Tue Aug 6 08:47:55 EST 2002

| Note "enhanced 802.11b" so it is .11b up until 11mb/s, over that, it
| breaks spec. Also note the lack of the wifi seal.
|
| Drew

I've done some testing with the AirPlus range. Yeah, with non DLink Air+
equipment it'll only run @ max 11m/bsec, but so far I've come accross no
compatibility issues, and when there is other + gear to use it with, it gets
some nice speeds. Personally, I'd go with a Air + AP over a DWL-900.
Especially seeing the specials this and next month bring the Air+ range down
cheaper than the normal 11b equipment.

Regards, Craig