[MLB-WIRELESS] LRP Distro on Floppy???

Radio Tech radio at dodo.com.au
Sun Aug 4 21:01:01 EST 2002

At 11:01 AM 8/4/02 +1000, Dave Fregon wrote:

>Well when the drive on my laptop went clunk-clunk I tried a few floppy
distros.

>http://nocat.net which in the http://nocat.net/download/WRP/legacy/ section
>has an all on one floppy distro (noauth tho, had no problems picking up my
>avaya silver)
>
>one I came across yesterday but haven't had a chance to try :
>
>http://www.cqure.net/tools09.html based on the Trinux distro
>
>I found the nocat one came up 'out of the box', I haven't had a chance to
>try the nocatauth additions.
>
>That's 2, hope thats something to get you started,
>
>Dave F

Thanks for the links, I did some reading/playing today and downloaded the
package:
http://www.cqure.net/tools09.html

I figured out how to process the .img file (used rawrite2.exe)and it does
fire up OK in bridge mode, its only problem is that "crond" fails to start
and I suspect its looking for a non existant wireless card in my PCMCIA slot.
The console works, as I could read the PCMCIA and DHCPC manuals on screen.
This distro does support some Dlink cards, but the AP900 was not listed.
More work ahead!

Jack
Rockhampton