[MLB-WIRELESS] How to extend a Netgear MR314's range?

Julian Featherston julian at concentrate.com.au
Tue Apr 30 15:07:22 EST 2002

Hi all

We have had success with other AP's that have no antenna jack but have
the coax soldered directly to the PCB
We have removed the existing coax and replaced with any ~6mm diameter
50ohm coax suitable for 2.4Ghz and then terminated that cable with an
appropriate N female connection.
50ohm connections designed for your coax are a must. The wrong connector
will "work" but it doesn't compare to using the right one.

I have the coax, connectors and tools for this mod, give me a yell if
you want to mod one.

Jules