[MLB-WIRELESS] Amplifier question...

Greg turbo at alphalink.com.au
Mon Apr 29 18:15:14 EST 2002

There is no need to get any legal clarification on especially antenna's, as
the LAW (ACA whatever) says RADIATED POWER (EIRP) 4Watts MAXIMUM -does not
matter how you produce generate or arrive at this value, just dont exceed
it!

The reason it is better to have the ANTENNA doing all the work is that the
gain is reciprocal.
This means it amplifies the power going out exactly the same as it amplifies
the signal coming in.

Its Cheaper, Uses less Power, Can be built or got for free from someones
roof;-)

See Nicks explanation:
I'm no tech person but amplifying is less effective than
concentrating your signal via a good antenna which reduces the
amount of noise scattered about the place and increases the
sensitivity of the receive part of things as well. No good
sending out huge signal and noise in all directions if you can't
receive anything

GOTO The Reason