[MLB-WIRELESS] $50 cards for sale for $132

Michael Borthwick holden at netspace.net.au
Wed Apr 24 13:16:48 EST 2002

Just a final reminder that I have Enterasys PCMCIA cards still available.
They were purchased almost seven weeks ago now and have been available, at
cost, since then at meetings or in person.

I would like to sell these cards to people in Melbourne Wireless but
because of the (sporadic) availability of the same cards at $50 this has
obviously been difficult and I have resorted to ebay to get them off my
hands.

Ironically I have had people flaming me on ebay and accususing me of
profiteering by reselling $50 cards at more than twice the price.
Grrrrrrrrr.

The $50 deal is known about widely because of a post in the
aus.ads.forsale.computers Usenet newsgroup:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&selm=phov8.20165%24o66.61690%40news-server.bigpond.net.au

Of course with so many hundreds of these $50 cards floating around now they
are starting to filter into ebay which will close of this option too.

For the record I'm not crooked on anyone who has been involved in
facilitating access to cheap hardware. We are all acting in the best
interests of Melbourne Wireless people, but unfortunately this does not
always mean that we are acting in each others best interests. Hopefully,
the excellent work being done on the bulk buy database will bring some
sanity to this process and help us focus on the bigger picture of rolling
out this network.

Thanks to Greg, Paul, Ryan and other who have been very helpful in thinking
of creative ways to get me out this predicament with sales leads etc.

Regards,

Michael
(exidyboy)