[MLB-WIRELESS] Bulk purchase handling

Paul van den Bergen paul at serc.rmit.edu.au
Fri Apr 19 16:30:20 EST 2002

  I know this is a "me too" reply, but from the point of view of someone
administering the PCI card purchase, I have to say I am jealous of Vaks
nice little page.  it's not too hard to do that, heck I even wrote a
gift list for my sisters wedding recently...

and lets face it, if this group of people can't handle that sort of
endeavour, there is no hope for the development of intelligent life on
this planet....

One thing I noticed though is I believe there are benefits to be had
from a closer correspondance between the web page message board and the
email list.  weblog and email lists should be able to cooperate...
surely?! (obviously the weblog would need to remain filtered...)
the advantage would be that people who access these forums by one method
or the other only will be better served.
(ocourse, this might be an admin nightmare...)

dwayne, sorry about the crossed wire.  the reply to button not sending
to the list is starting to bug me.  sure, it probably saves lots of
unintended (embarasing) emails, but I am kinda used to forums being set
up as default replyto's... anyone else care to comment?

On 04/20/02 03:04 AM, dwayne wrote:

>Marian Szczepkowski wrote:
>
>>The number of people who missed out on the first round of cards
>>was from the latest order scramble considerable.
>>
>>If we want to encourage more people to use and abuse we need to lower
>>the barrier to entry.
>>
>>My 10 cents worth.
>>

>not to mention that given the size of this club we could find ourselves with
>suppliers competing against each other for our custom, rather than us going to
>suppliers and purchasing "blah times 200".
>
>I think this is an *excellent* idea.
>

>Dwayne

Dr Paul van den Bergen
SERC