[MLB-WIRELESS] Fw: Public Wireless Networks Fight Back

dwayne dwayne at pobox.com
Sat Apr 20 03:13:28 EST 2002

Tony Langdon wrote:

> As for ourselves, I guess a lot will come into the meeting on Thursday.  I'm
> concerned about the legal aspects.  Actually, been speaking with someone
> here who has a strong legal aspect about incorporation, which we both felt
> was necessary.  But as I said, a lot of this will probably come up at the
> meeting, and that's the best forum to hash it out.

Well, my attitude is:

it's necessary, and soon.

I propose we:

1: form a plain-vanilla non-profit incorporated association (like, at the next
monthly meeting).
2: work on modifying the structure to suit our purposes
2a: I really think this involves nothing more than bolting "working groups"
onto the n-pia structure, but that needs to be discussed.
3: adopt *that* as the constitution for the group in 6 months, as opposed to
the current plan which is:

1: talk for 6 months during which we have no legal basis
2: create a legal entity based on 6 months' discussion

This is, long-term, a better solution, but short-term could be disastrous.

Dwayne