[MLB-WIRELESS] Computerworld U.S. Robotics doubles speed of 802.11b wireless LAN

Tristan Gulyas zardoz at 2600.org.au
Wed Apr 17 18:56:41 EST 2002

Has anyone had a chance to play with these cards?  I've heard some promising
things about them.

There was a bulk buy on the OCAU [http://forums.overclockers.com.au] board a
few weeks ago that caught my attention - $130 for the cards based on this
chipset.

The fact that these are cardbus alone, makes it very interesting as it
causes less issues with interrupts and CPU usage.

Does this use a single channel to achieve a 22Mbps data rate?  I was under
the impression that it used two channels.

I'd love to get my hands on a pair.

.t