[MLB-WIRELESS] Micro$oft working on software radios (!)

Jeremy Lunn jeremy at austux.net
Tue Apr 16 22:39:58 EST 2002

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 08:36:47PM +1000, Will Lanigan wrote:
> and its hard to make a map showing a blanket of coverage because of
> buildings and trees obstructing views.

It'd be cool to have a map showing active links.

> yes we can make a theoretical one that doesnt take into consideration
> buildings and trees, but what good is that to anyone?

I wouldn't mind getting contour maps of my area and the like.  The
problem I have is that there are trees in imediate properties... I would
like to know that if I had a mast taller than the trees if I could get
LOS to people that way :)

> i will be taking GPS waypoints at some nodes in my area and working out the
> exact bearings and degrees they have LOS of and then shading in the areas of

Sounds cool although I don't know exactly what your doing.  Sounds like
something I should do somehow as well.

--
Jeremy Lunn
Melbourne, Australia