[MLB-WIRELESS] Micro$oft working on software radios (!)

dwayne dwayne at pobox.com
Wed Apr 17 05:14:01 EST 2002

Will Lanigan wrote:

> i will be doing a 7.5, 10, and 13km link in a couple of weeks (depending on
> visibility of location i should be able to run all these tests)
> I feel confident in saying that a cantenna will be able to pull 13km

This is with those $50 enterasys cards, yes?

just confirming, as this is *way* better than I'd expected.

I bought one of those cards as a cheap entry into wireless networking, it'll
just boggle my mind if this card is sufficient for my needs.

Card is what i'm interested in, not antenna.

Well, card/antenna/cable combo, but the card is what I'm asking about as
that's what I've got., and that's what I expected *might* do 500 m.

This is cool.

Is there any way we could build a coverage map? ie: we have something
somewhere which places nodes on a  map and draws a circle around scaled to the
range we'd expect from the gear they have.

It'd be interesting to see when we have (theoretical) blanket coverage of
Melbourne.
If that has not already occurred.

Dwayne