[MLB-WIRELESS] Antenna design idea, probably not new.

Craig Mead craig.mead at pagesmith.com.au
Thu Apr 11 15:58:40 EST 2002

http://www.sydneywireless.com/myegallery.php?&do=showpic&pid=51  (thats a
24dBi connifer one)
http://www.sydneywireless.com/myegallery.php?&do=showpic&pid=36&orderby=titl
eA  (14dBi Pacific Monolith and the 24dBo connifer)

We've found the Connifer antennas (the ones with the 2nd metal collectors on
the end of the dipole) are easier to modify.

The Pac Sats while they still work are a bit more hassle to get apart, we've
also had issues with cable twisting inside the dipole housing and cause it
is so rigid, this lifts the tracks straight off the PCB rendering the entire
unit useless.

I higly suggest securing the cable (with either dish you use) very well so
the above doesn't happen to you.