[MLB-WIRELESS] PCI adaptor card update

Paul van den Bergen paul at serc.rmit.edu.au
Mon Apr 15 08:57:37 EST 2002

Hi all,

Brisbane recently had (has?) a bulk order in for PCI cradles for PCMCIA
wireless network cards.  I am intending to act as the melbourne "node
for interested parties here.  sofar about 15 cards have been requested
on the basis that the deal will go ahead (which I give a 60% chance at
the moment).  Just to be clear, these are Nokia cards (c910???) that
_should_ work with the wireless cards we are ordering in bulk.  However,
no guarentees are provided in any way shape or form.  I have heard
heresay reports of success with linux and this combo so what that means
is anyones guess.
you have been warned.

OK.  It is likely that orders will close this friday (19/4/2002).  I
will organise finance details before then. I will not order cards that
have not been paid for in advance. I will endeavor to keep you all
informed.  I will contact people via this list and directly with
updates.  The likely cost will be around $60 per card as a minimum but
might be more.  I will let you all know of any increases, especially
dramatic ones.

wish me luck...

--
Dr Paul van den Bergen