[MLB-WIRELESS] Tracking usage when sharing broadband?

Bruce Paterson paterson at tassie.net.au
Sun Apr 14 10:48:45 EST 2002

Hi,

I'm thinking of using a wireless router (probably airport basestation
connected to my mac) to share a broadband connection with friends in
the adjacent apartments.

Is there a way to track usage so if we know who's responsible for
blowing the download cap :-)

And which router is recommended for this purpose (ie. which has the
greatest range in the apartment block context)?

And is it so that the greatest possible one-way data speed between
the wireless router and the client will be 5.5Mbps?

Look forward to feedback.

Cheers,
Bruce