[MLB-WIRELESS] Working Groups update

Steven Haigh netwiz at optushome.com.au
Sat Apr 13 16:06:57 EST 2002

Working groups, Working groups, Working groups!

I'd like to get the ball rolling with these groups ASAP -
http://www.wireless.org.au/wiki/?WorkingGroups

All active working groups now have mailing lists, so if you're interested in
anything, whether that be routing, group structure or solar powered access
points - then please sign up to those working groups.

I'd like to also give a few tasks that have been discussed in short detail
to various groups that I believe need to be taken care of soon...

WGPublicRelations - The inquiry into wireless broadband announced by the
House of Representatives needs something to represent us. What has currently
been put forward for the enquiry is at
http://www.dcita.gov.au/cgi-bin/graphics.pl?path=6276 - can we put something
together to make sure we get our purpose known for, hopefully, an inclusion
into this enquiry. Also, can we have some kind of press release to try and
raise more awareness of our group and hand to newspapers etc

WGPropaganda - I would like to see a full colour logo for use on business
cards, letterheads etc. Something that stands out, something that will be
taken notice of. Something along the lines of our current logo at
http://www.wireless.org.au/wiki/?MelbWirelessLogo but in photo colour would
be nice...

I believe now is the time to really get moving and surge forwards. We've
grown and grown in the past year, but it's now time to start making things
work for us - and that's by getting ourselves heard. We need to shout
louder - and we need to make sure we're shouting in the right places...

Signed,
Steven Haigh
President - Melbourne Wireless
www.wireless.org.au