[MLB-WIRELESS] Flashing Enterasys With Orinoco Firmware

Danny magrathea at subdimension.com
Sat Apr 13 10:24:55 EST 2002

On Sat, 13 Apr 2002, Will Lanigan wrote:

> First off: Flashing enterasys cards with the latest orinoco firmware...
> well yes it can be done and the cards still work perfectly, in fact better
> because they are now recognised by everything as being an orinoco.

YES!! It works :-) Runs better under netbsd now. (ibss mode works like a
charm) For some reason it didnt before. b?

> to flash your card you MUST install the entersays card into your PC with the
> orinoco drivers (yeah u have to frig around a bit to do this in some cases)

My two cents.. (may be helpful for others)

Try the older orinoco drivers. I tried the latest ones but they didnt want
to install. I ended up using a file called WLW9870.exe. The earliest
driver didnt want to work, ie: WLW9864.exe.

After installing the older driver (9870), win98 detected the card as an
orinoco. The firmware util worked like a charm :-)

I was also using a PCI <-> PCMCIA bridge card which was supplied with my
original bronze orinoco. (The ones from www.ezywave.com) - not sure if
this matters.

Thanks for the pointers Will. :-)

---
Danny
Don't forget to bring a towel! (c) Towelie