[MLB-WIRELESS] Antenna design idea, probably not new.

Jason Hecker jason at air.net.au
Thu Apr 11 14:51:33 EST 2002

All sorts of antennas can be made on a PCB.  A PCB yagi will have similar
width and length dimensions as regular yagi so it'll be a it unwieldy
without some sort of support like some strips of wood or metal.  You can
get very fancy and make patch arrays (I've thought this would be a great
option) and those funky omni spiral patches.  The problem with PCBs is the
etching, but a hand drawn design dipped into the appropriate etching
solution would be a cinch.  Or, you could use wood etching tools and
scrape/gouge the unwanted copper off.  I have found in the past that
permanent black ink marker pen leaves a good enough coat on copper to
prevent it being etched as I used them to touch up boards I had made before
UV exposure or etching.  Perhaps someone could do a stencil in PDF for that
would be easy to whack onto a PCB...?

Food for thought.

jASON

---
"The Internet - More crap at your fingertips than on 'em" - Ron Hitler Barassi