[MLB-WIRELESS] AWA

Steven Haigh netwiz at optushome.com.au
Thu Apr 11 11:19:06 EST 2002

When drafting the policy proposal, this was debated at great length...

We ended up agreeing, that because it is a public network, and not a members
only type thing, then we're never going to know exactly who or how many
members we have... We are not going to restrict on people that connect to
the network as a whole, and as such, we don't know who will access the
network from day to day.

Are the people that just use the network occasionally on a "because it's
there" basis then members? how do we track them down?

One idea that was raised is that we have an online "Voting Members"
database. This would require you to enter your name, address, phone number
etc, and also entitle you to one vote. Now this eventually could be used for
online voting, proxy voting, meeting votes etc - but we are not at a stage
at this specific point in time to make that happen... This is our main
driving force behind getting at least a structure approved and running on
Friday. The other details can be altered according to the policy...

Signed,
Steven Haigh

The Internet was designed by the American Military back in the late 60's. It
was designed to be a decentralised information delivery system so that in
the event of a nuclear attack, American Military leaders would still have
access to pornography.