[MLB-WIRELESS] Antenna design idea, probably not new.

Matthew.C.Boyd at uts.edu.au Matthew.C.Boyd at uts.edu.au
Thu Apr 11 09:10:36 EST 2002

Here's a question for the antenna tech people in the group.
Would it be worthwhile building an antenna based on a printed circuit
board? I'm thinking a small yagi. I've seen components in other antenna
made from PCB but what about the whole thing. Instead of instructions on
how to build all you'd need to do is trace out the antenna, etch the PCB
and solder on the cable? Would make an excellent portable antenna, or
lightweight pole mount.
Or is there something I am missing here?

Matt