[MLB-WIRELESS] IP Addressing

David Arnold arnold at dstc.monash.edu.au
Tue Apr 9 18:21:06 EST 2002

-->"Simon" == Simon J Mudd <sjmudd at pobox.com> writes:

  Simon> In madrid we're using 10.64.0.0 for clients and 172.16.64.0
  Simon> for internode links.

i've registered 10.10.0.0/16 for Melbourne, in the expectation that we
will use that.  if we change our mind, i'll remove the registration.

i didn't register a sub-range of 172.16/12 (is it /12 ?) since i
hadn't seen any concensus on how much we should claim, or where it
should be.

anyone want to make a guess at how many addresses we want?

Madrid has gone for a /20, giving ~4000 addresses for WAN interfaces.
are people happy with that?  (bearing in mind that there are only 256
/20's in the 172.16/12 to share ...)