[MLB-WIRELESS] IP Addressing

Simon J Mudd sjmudd at pobox.com
Tue Apr 9 05:12:17 EST 2002

adrian at close.wattle.id.au (Adrian Close) writes:

> Incidentally, there should be no problem having a mix of RFC1918 and
> "real" addresses on our eventual MAN.  They're all just addresses, after
> all, and will happily co-exist in routing tables.
>
> Pick something that isn't in use.  Be prepared to renumber at some point.

I've mentioned this before, but...is it not worth mentioning
http://www.freenetworks.org/moin/index.cgi/NetworkAddressAllocations
on your page somewhere and "registering" whichever range of addresses
you MelbWireless are going to use?  GeelongWireless (appears to be
registered, although MelbWireless isn't), even if the contact address
for Geelong wireless looks rather suspect.

Ensure that your addresses won't be duplicated by "registering them"
or ensure that in the future, conflicts will occur and you may never
be able to have access to [some] other wireless groups.

Regards,

Simon
--
Simon J Mudd,   Tel: +34-91-408 4878,  Mobile: +34-605-085 219
Madrid, Spain.  email: sjmudd at pobox.com,  Postfix RPM Packager