[MLB-WIRELESS] IP address allocations

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Mon Apr 8 11:23:33 EST 2002

Just looked through the IP address allocation page and noticed a lot of
192.168.x.x entries.  Anyone attempting to connect to me would be well
advised to avoid these addresses altogether, as large chunks of this range
are used internally across several sites (don't ya love IP tunneling? - and
yes, friends who want to interconnect can get a block!  :) ).

I am looking to get a dedicated melbwireless range (hopefully 10.x.x.x
somewhere) for wireless people to connect to and be on the right side of my
firewall, once we have some sort of IP addressing policy.  However, I'm
temporarily using a 192.168/25 subnet (reserved for local use in my internal
allocation scheme :)) for wireless until the details are sorted out...

Tony Langdon
Systems Development and Support
ATC Training Australasia.  Level 1 310 King St Melbourne 3000.
Phone:  1300 13 1983   WWW:  http://www.atctraining.com.au

---
Outgoing mail has been scanned for viruses